3 posts
Oliver May DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @oliver
Oliver May
Petrichore Parley
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2024 21:15:19 GMT
Oliver May Avatar
An oran berry, picked from a wet bush. The force it took to dislodge the fruit shakes the brush gently. Droplets sprinkle about. The sound, however brief, is reminiscent of the summer rain that just passed over the Petalburg Woods.

Oliver has been lazily sitting under a tree to wait out the shower. He rubs the berry he picked on his shirt and takes a bite. With closed eyes he takes a moment to appreciate the soft crunch, followed by the juice practically bursting from the bite. A second bite came with a sigh of joy. The near neutral balance between sweet and sour is what made the Oran berry Oliver’s favourite wildland snack.

Aly, his dewpider, returns from her excited wander through the rain. Oliver simply smiles at her with his eyes half closed, as she takes a seat in his lap. With the tip of one of her legs she picks out individual droplets on Oliver's waterproof jacket. Aly adds the droplets to her own collection of water on her head.

With a third bite Oliver takes in his surroundings once more. The nincada’s of the forest started to sing again when the rain died down. Part of a rainbow is visible through the leaves overhead and it is still pleasantly warm. Truly, Oliver thought to himself, today is a fantastic day to do nothing. He takes a big final bite of his berry, and hands the rest to Aly. With a finger he tips his straw hat low, places his arms behind his head and nods off.

He is unsure how long he slept when he woke up, it couldn't have been more than a few hours judging by the sun. What rose him was a shadow passing overhead. He opens an eye and lifts his hat to look to the sky and see nothing. There was a brief buzz. Oliver looks behind to follow the sound. Again, nothing. He sits up and as he looks forward again he is startled as a beedrill on all legs sits before him. More peculiarly is the young lady who seems to be mounting the majestic bee!

At a loss for words Oliver just looks up at her with an expression of wonder.

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,912 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Petrichore Parley
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2024 7:14:22 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
It was an odd sight, indeed: a long-haired young woman, wearing a yellow Ranger Captain's uniform, cuddling with one of the most vicious insectile predators in Hoenn. The Shiny Beedrill embraced Shalin, carefully wrapping her pointy arms around her trainer before crawling back to her legs and letting her aboard.

Once she was sitting in the insect's saddle, Shalin caught a glimpse of a young man, also in vibrant yellows, staring at her with a dumbfounded look. "Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't even notice you were there! Is there anything I can help you with?" she asked, reaching for a pair of earplugs to stick in her ears.

{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Queen Zing    Beedrill**     Good

close tab

played by

qubix

Ollie
He/Him
nacrene city
Unsure
Freelance Enthomologist
Civilian
176cm height
176cm height
Bugz 4 life
awards
3 posts
Oliver May DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @oliver
Oliver May
Petrichore Parley
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2024 13:47:20 GMT
Oliver May Avatar

Oliver tries to speak, but all he gets out is a raspy mutter. He awkwardly clears his throat before continuing. “Excuse me. It’s been a while since I spoke last.” He rises to his feet, takes off his hat and places it over his chest as he continues with a swift smile. “I appreciate the offer, but I am fine, truly.” Oliver’s eyes start to drift past the adventurous looking lady and land on her mount. After a moment he focuses on Shalin again.

“My name is Oliver and this here is Aly.” Oliver bends through his knees a bit to pet the dewpider hiding behind his leg. He gently pushes his finger through the bubble in order to scratch Aly’s soft little head. She calms down a bit and Oliver stands again.

“That is quite the impressive beedrill you have there! Her colouration seems unique, but healthy nonetheless. Seeing as she allows you to mount her, you two must have quite the trusting bond!” Oliver breaks eye contact as he realises that his phrasing came out a bit weird. He continues his ramble whilst staring at the ground. “I mean, beedrill tend to be aggressive, so letting you get so close already says a lot about how much she trusts you…”

Oliver looks up at Shalin again. “And the other way too! I have never seen anyone fly on a bug pokemon before, let alone a beedrill!” Realising he is rambling he grows timid again and clears his throat.

“So yeah… I never quite got your name.”

NAME   SPECIES      STATUS
Aly    Dewpider     Shy

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,912 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Petrichore Parley
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2024 2:44:04 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
That Oliver didn't immediately turn tail upon seeing the giant, Shiny insectile predator attracted her interest. Though Queen Zing was the nicest Beedrill Shalin had ever seen, it was still a terrifying Pokémon species: an apex predator of the forest. One sting from her could hospitalize an adult.

"Great to meet you, Oliver and Aly!" Shalin waved from her Beedrill's back, the bug-type lifting one of her foreleg stings and likewise waving it much like a human would one of their hands in greeting. "She was once the queen of her hive!" Oliver seemed far too interested in the unusual Pokémon the Captain was astride; was this courage or foolhardiness? Either way, she had increasing respect for the traveler.

"Captain Shalin Nariya of Rustboro," she introduced herself, "and this is Queen Zing," she gently pat her insectile ride's exoskeleton. "She isn't the only bug Pokémon I can fly on, either! Anyhow, what brings you out here?"

{PC: 2}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Queen Zing    Beedrill**     Good

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,836 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Petrichore Parley
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2024 2:50:22 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SHELMET APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] OVERCOAT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ACID
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ABSORB
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MEGA DRAIN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]RECOVER
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD BRELOOM APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] TECHNICIAN
[attr="class","wildtabox"]POISON POWDER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]WORRY SEED
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SKY UPPERCUT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FEINT
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing